About Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud, offering over 200 fully-featured services from data centers globally, including Amazon EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) and Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service). Millions of customers, including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies, use AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
AWS stands as a crucial driver of growth and success in IoT, with a broad suite of services and solutions designed to connect and manage billions of devices and collect, store, and analyze IoT data for industrial, consumer, commercial, and automotive workloads. Innovative organizations use AWS IoT capabilities today to optimize industrial operations, build differentiated consumer products, reinvent smart buildings and cities, and transform mobility around the world.
AWS IoT Services
Along with core AWS services and functions, AWS offers a complete set of IoT services designed to accelerate innovation, secure IoT applications from the cloud to the edge, build intelligent solutions with superior AI and ML integration, and scale easily and reliably.
Key services include:
- AWS IoT Core: Let connected devices easily and securely interact with cloud applications and other devices without provisioning or managing servers. AWS IoT Core can support billions of devices and trillions of messages, and process and route those messages to AWS endpoints and other devices reliably and securely.
- AWS IoT Greengrass: An open-source edge runtime and cloud service for building, deploying, and managing device software. Build intelligent IoT devices faster; deploy and manage device software without firmware updates; bring cloud processing and logic to edge devices; and program devices to deliver rich insights at a lower cost.
- AWS IoT Analytics: Fully managed, operationalized analytics for IoT devices. AWS IoT Analytics simplifies the difficult steps required to analyze massive volumes of IoT data, without the cost and complexity of building an IoT analytics platform.
An AWS-Native Solution for IoT Connectivity
Soracom’s global telecommunications core is built entirely in software on AWS, and Soracom has been an AWS IoT Competency Partner since 2016. Soracom platform services and IoT security capabilities are designed to integrate seamlessly with AWS services and functions to dramatically enhance security, capability, scalability, and speed to market for transformative connected experiences.
Soracom’s complete suite of platform services align with critical AWS services and functions to deliver a fully-integrated experience designed to accelerate IoT deployment.
Soracom/AWS Case Studies
- Hortau: Precision irrigation, powered by AWS and Soracom.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries: Autonomous robotics, powered by AWS and Soracom.
IoT Scale Telecom Infrastructure on AWS:
Remote IoT Alert Automation with AWS Lambda
Soracom Canal: Private Connection for Sending IoT Data to Your AWS Server
Send IoT Data to AWS Kinesis and S3 with Soracom Funnel