Hardware authentication for IoT
Soracom Endorse offers hardware-based device authentication for any device that connects to the cloud over cellular with a Soracom SIM Card.
Soracom SIM cards can send an authentication token to Endorse. This token is signed using a private Soracom key and allows strong authentication based on SIM/device combination (IMSI + IMEI), preventing misuse of stolen SIMs.
Because authentication is specific to a device and SIM, Endorse is portable across communication networks, including cellular, Wi-Fi, LoRa, or Sigfox.
What does Endorse solve?
For devices with both cellular and Wi-Fi available, use Wi-Fi where appropriate without compromising network security.
Business System Login
Use SIM-based tokens for login. Or combine with SORACOM Canal to provide single sign-on for company phones and tablets.
Grant access to devices based on pre-registered IMSI + IMEI combination.
Why SIM authentication?
- Highly tamper-resistant, extremely difficult to falsify or duplicate.
- Data communication enabled only when a SIM’s unique IMSI is registered with a mobile network provider.
- Security keys are exchanged based on private information unique to each SIM, enabling user authentication and encryption of all data communications.
- Can be locked to a specific device via the Soracom User Console or API.
Soracom Endorse Capabilities
- Provision identity-based login for connected devices.
- Authenticate devices across networks.
- Connect confidently to private servers, even when sending traffic over the Internet.