What is a Virtual Private Gateway?
A Virtual Private Gateway (VPG) is a dedicated network environment within Soracom that’s just for your devices. It unlocks private networking and customization features that give you more granular control over the traffic between your devices and your cloud.
• Make the public internet optional by only allowing private communication to your servers
• Enable bi-directional communication between your servers and devices
• Enable device-to-device communication
• Create an outbound filter so that your devices can only reach certain IP addresses
The Soracom VPG provides access to a number of different services, all of which enhance data security while giving IoT developers new operational functionality:
• Soracom Canal: Peer your VPG directly to AWS with VPC Peering
• Soracom Door: Create a VPN between your VPG and backend
• Soracom Direct: Deploy a physical leased line between VPG and your systems
• Soracom Junction: Perform deep packet inspection and analysis
Ultimate Project Security
Each IoT device you connect to your VPG can access the private network without being exposed to the public Internet — or without configuring firewalls.
The result: a closed-off and completely protected private network that smoothly integrates with your other Soracom services.
See the Soracom Developer Site for full details, documentation, VPG type descriptions and more.