Our Digital Channels include:
- Soracom Websites:
- Soracom Homepage (https://soracom.io)
- Soracom UK Site (https://www.soracom.co.uk/)
- Developers Site (https://developers.soracom.io/)
- Soracom Partner Space (https://sps.soracom.io)
- Soracom User Console (https://console.soracom.io)
- Soracom Mobile (https://soracommobile.com)
- Soracom Blog (https://blog.soracom.io)
- Soracom Social Media Channels:
When we refer to “we”, “us”, “our”, “Soracom” or use similar phrasings, we refer to one of the following entities, all of which acts as the data controller for personal information about our customers depending on the location they register as:
- SORACOM GLOBAL, INC., having its registered office at 10400 NE 4th St, 5th Floor, Bellevue, WA 98004, USA; and
- SORACOM CORPORATION, LTD., having its registered office at 16 Great Queen Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2B 5AH, United Kingdom.
- COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS
We are committed to handling all personal information in compliance with applicable data protection laws and will provide additional information about how we collect, process, and use personal information as required in certain jurisdictions.
For California residents, we provide a separate Notice to California Residents in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act 2018 (Cal. Civ. Code §1798.100 et seq.), which makes certain disclosures about the collection and processing of their personal information.
- THE DATA SORACOM COLLECTS AND PROCESSES
Voluntarily provided information refers to personal information which you knowingly and actively provide to us upon your use and participation of our products, services, and Digital Channels. This includes the following:
- Registration Information: We will collect information you directly provide such as your name, title, company name, job role, expertise, postal address, telephone number, SNS account, and email address.
- Demographic Information: We may collect demographic information such as your age, gender, and race.
- Payment and Billing Information: We collect credit card or debit card numbers, bank account information, and other payment details when you make a purchase or other similar financial transaction.
Automatically collected information refers to personal information which is automatically collected by us as you use and access our products, services, and Digital channels. This includes the following:
- Transaction Information: We collect details relating to your purchases such as the date, time, and amount charged.
- Usage Information: Through your use of our products and services, we will also collect certain communications traffic data including details on a data communication’s origin, destination, route, time, date, size, duration, or type of underlying service (collectively “Traffic Data”).
- We process Traffic Data as a data controller or equivalent term: (i) to provide and maintain the products and services; (ii) to calculate any charges and fees payable by you, and to bill and invoice you accordingly; (iii) to identify, investigate and protect against fraud, threats and unlawful or wrongful use of the products and services; (iv) for internal use for development and improvement of products and services; and / or (v) as may be required by applicable law.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your device, such as device type and ID, device model, operating system and application version.
- Geolocation Information: We collect geolocation information through IP addresses or other location information obtained through the use of our products and services or through the use of positioning technologies.
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through Digital Channels: We collect personal information through our Digital Channels, both voluntarily (e.g., when you subscribe to a newsletter, register for a webinar, complete our contact us form, download content such as whitepapers, sign up to use a service, or place an order requiring a physical delivery address) and automatically (e.g., when you use a mobile device or web browser to access our Digital Channels).
- Through your use of our products and services: We automatically collect personal information and other Traffic Data when you use our products and services.
- Offline: We may collect personal information from you offline, such as when you attend one of our events, meet in person, talk with a sales representative on a phone call, or when you contact customer service or support.
- Information from other sources: To enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
- WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use your personal information to provide, manage and operate our services. For example, we use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide Soracom Products and Services: We use your personal information to provide and deliver Soracom products and services in accordance with our contractual obligations or the legal basis of legitimate interest.
- Comply with Legal Obligations: We may use your personal information to fulfill our legal obligations that require us to collect, use or retain certain personal information or to respond to a request by the government or law enforcement authorities.
- For Customer Support: We use your personal information to respond to your inquiries and provide customer support services in order to improve your experience of our products and services.
- For the Improvement of our Products and Services: We may use your personal information in our efforts to improve and develop our offerings to customers, such as by analysing your use of and assessing the performance of Soracom products and services.
- For Marketing Purposes: We may, subject to your consent, use your personal information to provide marketing that is tailored to your use of our products and services. This is discussed in more detail in Section 8.
- To Prevent Fraud and Abuse: We may use your personal information to investigate, identify, assess, and prevent unlawful acts such as fraud and abuse on our Digital Channels.
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Legal Obligations: We may disclose your personal information to authorised governmental entities, supervisory agencies, fiscal entities, etc., pursuant to a legal process or enforceable governmental request which we are under an obligation to comply with. Our legal basis for such disclosure of personal information is for us to ensure compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may buy or sell assets or businesses and in these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. We may disclose personal information to a third party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Our legal basis for such processing of personal information is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests, in order to be able to buy or sell assets or businesses.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
For the international transfer of any personal information from the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom and Switzerland, we have entered into agreements with each affiliate, which include data protection Model Clauses to contractually protect your personal information.
- Soracom Inc. (4-5-6-3F Tamagawa Setagaya Tokyo, Japan 158-0094) is our affiliated company which may have access to personal information because of common data systems and access is required to operate and provide services. Soracom Inc. is ISO27001 certified and we have model clauses to help protect your personal information and privacy.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS AND OPTING OUT
Marketing Communication collectively refers to the various tools we use to inform customers about our products and services with a commercial purpose. We may send marketing emails to you if you have specifically consented to receiving such Marketing Communication or if you are an existing customer of similar Soracom products and services. We may also send offers by regular mail, SMS, social media, coupons, or any other communication channel. With your consent, we may use your personal information to provide you with tailored offers, based on your interests and use of Soracom products, services, and Digital Channels. For example, we may assess your personal preferences based on analysing your use of our services, purchase history, participation in promotions or surveys, and other data that has been voluntarily or automatically obtained. You may withdraw your consent at any time by opting-out of receiving marketing emails using the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing emails we send you. For opting-out of receiving tailored offers via other communication channels, please contact us.
Please note that you cannot opt-out of receiving important administrative messages, such as notifications from the User Console and email notifications about your account.
- SOCIAL MEDIA
When you use Soracom Social Media Channels, your web browser may be sharing information through an implemented social plug-in (such as a “Like” button) unless you block the use of social plug-ins in your browser settings. Information that may be shared via the social plug-in includes the following:
- Date and time of your visit
- The internet address or URL for the address you are temporarily visiting
- Your IP address
- The browser you are using
- The operating system you are using
- If registered as a user of the social media channel, your account and login information
- The information for which you have used this specific plug-in
- HOW DOES SORACOM SECURE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We have implemented the appropriate organisational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organisation, including security controls to prevent unauthorised access to our systems. While we take reasonable steps to secure your personal information, please note that security procedures and protocols cannot be 100% secure. There is always some risk assumed by sharing personal information online. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure, please contact us immediately (see How To Contact Us below).
- HOW LONG WILL WE RETAIN YOUR DATA?
- HOW CAN YOU ACCESS, CORRECT OR REMOVE DATA?
As permitted by law, you may have the following rights relating to your personal information:
- Request access to your personal information;
- Request rectification or erasure of your personal information;
- Request restriction of the processing of your personal information;
- Object or withdraw consent to any processing of your personal information.
- Request transfer or receive a copy of your personal information in a usable and portable format.
If you would like to access, correct, remove or limit the use or disclosure of any personal information about you that has been collected and stored by Soracom, please contact us as described in ‘How to Contact Us’ below.
Please note that we may refuse to comply with your request, in which case we will provide you with our reasons. We may also request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
If you are dissatisfied with our processing of your personal information, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. If you wish to know more about this process, please contact us and we will endeavour to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
- THIRD PARTY SITES
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- WHEN THIS POLICY DOES NOT APPLY
- CONSEQUENCES OF ERASING OR NOT PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you do not provide personal information which is required by us, we may not be able to provide the products and services under our contract with you. For example, you will be unable to register for a Soracom Account without providing the required account registration information. Additionally, your use of Soracom products and services may be limited if you fail to provide certain personal information, such as a shipping address which will prevent us from fulfilling your purchase order. The same applies if you request for the erasure of your personal information.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
Your privacy matters to us. If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding the way we collect and handle your information, please go to our Contact Soracom page or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soracom will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner.