About the Spresense LTE-M IoT Connectivity Kit
Sony’s high-performance Spresense microcontroller board includes hi–res audio, camera input, internal GPS and Edge AI support, coupled with power of cellular IoT connectivity.
When you combine the power of Spresense with IoT connectivity from Soracom, you can build something truly incredible. The development capabilities of Spresense combine with the ability to transmit data from the device over Soracom’s cellular network, making it easy to create truly ground-breaking technical innovations.
Our all-in-one Spresense LTE-M IoT Connectivity Kit has everything you need to get started, and ships with the main Sony Spresense microcontroller, LTE Extension Board, Soracom LTE Cat-M1 (LTE-M) SIM Card + Connectivity coupon
Included in the kit
- Spresense Microcontroller Board: A compact high-performance 6-core microcontroller board that offers dynamic computing capabilities and power consumption so low the device can run on a battery.
- LTE Extension Board: Adds LTE Cat-M1 (LTE-M) connectivity to the Spresense main board and carries an on-board antenna and a nanoSIM card holder. Also extends the interfaces of the Spresense main board with multiple mic inputs, headphone jack and microSD card slot.
- Soracom IoT SIM: Provides LTE Cat-M1 (LTE-M) connectivity allowing you to transmit data from the Spresense to the cloud over a secure cellular connection.
- $10 Soracom Connectivity Coupon: So that you can test your prototype and send a good volume of data to the cloud without incurring additional fees
The Spresense has been designed to provide a versatile IoT development experience capable of supporting a range of use cases. Some examples include:
- A drone utilizing the Spresense’s internal GPS and high-performance processor.
- A smart speaker utilizing hi-res audio recording and playback, as well as the built-in class D amplifier.
- A low-power time-lapse camera utilizing the dedicated 8-bit parallel camera interface.
The Spresense is powered by Sony’s CXD5602 microcontroller, which runs on 6 ARM Cortex-M4F cores with a clock speed of up to 156MHz. Due to the Fully Depleted Silicon On Insulator (FD-SOI) production process, the CXD5602 is capable of remarkable energy efficiency, making it ideal for IoT applications reliant on batteries.
Soracom IoT SIM Card Features
- Connect to the cloud over cellular via GSM, 4G LTE, and Cat-M1
- IoT coverage in 160+ countries (view coverage)
- Pay-as-you-go pricing where you’ll only ever pay only for the data you use
- A totally secure IoT connection that bypasses the public internet
- Direct integration with AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Easy network control and management with the Soracom Console and API
If you’d like to learn more about the Spresense LTE-M IoT Connectivity Kit, our team of IoT experts would love to hear from you! You can get in touch with us here.