About the Soracom IoT Starter Kit (powered by Raspberry Pi Zero)
The Soracom IoT Starter Kit (powered by Raspberry Pi Zero) is built for IoT innovators, hobbyists, makers, developers, engineers, or anyone who wants to jumpstart their IoT project with secure cellular connectivity.
It contains everything you need to quickly connect devices using cellular connectivity, while also getting to learn more about Soracom’s User Console to monitor and manage your devices.
Included in the kit
- Soracom Global IoT SIM Card: The SIM card provides cellular data connectivity and SMS functionality on 2G, 3G, 4G LTE and Cat M1 networks in over 120 countries around the world, fully managed right from the Soracom User Console
- Raspberry Pi Zero WH and official case: Super-small and easy-to-use, tiny Linux computer supports a wide variety of programming environments with a case to keep everything protected.
- 3G USB Modem: A great modem that provides 2G and 3G cellular connectivity, designed especially for IoT projects, plus a USB OTG cable to hook it up to the Raspberry Pi.
- Ultrasonic range finder (HC-SR04): This simple yet reliable sensor measures distance using ultrasonic vibrations, and is accurate up to 10 feet. The sensor can quickly capture data for easy visualization just by waving our hand in front of it!
- 16GB Class 10 SD Card and Micro-SD Card Reader: Storage for your Raspberry Pi, plus a card reader so you can edit the contents on your computer.
- Perma-Proto Breadboard and Color-coded Wires: For connecting the Ultrasonic Range Finder to your Raspberry Pi, without soldering anything.
- USB-A to Micro-USB Cable: To power your Raspberry Pi from your computer or other USB power source.
- 15 Ohm Resistor
- 1x LED
- $10 Starter Kit Coupon: Coupon to cover Soracom service fees (such as data usage) as you build your project.
If you’d like to learn more about the Soracom IoT Starter Kit (powered by Raspberry Pi Zero), our team of IoT experts would love to hear from you! You can contact us here.